This job is no longer available
Head of Asset Management
£52,872 plus Inner London Weighting of £1,500 plus a Car
As Head of Asset Management you will be working within Property & Facilities Service.
You will be a member of the Executive Management Team applying your knowledge of asset and estates management in respect of a mixed portfolio of residential, community and commercial properties.
The role will be to organise the effective management of the property assets within the United Kingdom Territory and within the context of the larger organisation.
You will be responsible for facilitating a variety of asset management and surveying activities.
As Head of Asset Management your role will involve:
• Managing the effective provision of asset and estates management services
• Provide short and long term strategic advice, seeking the optimum benefit for the organisation in
operational terms as well as the maximisation of income
• Reporting regularly on asset and estates management activities to ensure a comprehensive and efficient
• Monitoring the standards and use of external consultants
• Mentoring personnel, currently six qualified surveyors and an administrator within the estates
• Ensure that processes and practices accord with agreed standards of service
As Head of Asset Management you will be expected to have:
• Extensive experience in the charity sector
• Corporate membership of the RICS
• A degree (or equivalent) in estate management
• An open and flexible approach with proven management skills
• Assertiveness and be a team player
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and be extremely well organised
• IT literacy.
This is a full time post, working a minimum 35 hours per week; in return we offer excellent benefits, including 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, travel loan and car.
You will be based at the Territorial Headquarters in the Elephant & Castle, London, SE1 with travel throughout the United Kingdom Territory. A full current driving licence is essential.
All applicants must be in sympathy with the work of The Salvation Army.
To apply, please contact HR on 020 7367 4743 or click the 'Apply now Button' for an application pack and further details.
Closing date: 14th February 2013.
Interviews: Tuesday 19th February or Thursday 21st February 2013
CVs will not be accepted.
Promoting equality in the workplace. The Salvation Army is a Church and a registered charity.
Charity no. 214779 and in Scotland SC009359.