This job is no longer available
Design & Quality Manager, Private Sale (Technical/Design/Engineering)
Location: West London
Remuneration: Package of up to £56,000 + outstanding benefits
Xecutive Search is delighted to be instructed as the exclusive agent for a highly dynamic RSL specialising in both private and affordable housing.
Due to extensive expansion our client is now looking to appoint an exceptional individual in to the post of Design and Quality Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Technical and Construction the role will be responsible for:
1. Assisting in bid preparation for land and new business opportunities by providing relevant technical and design expertise for master plan layouts making sure that they are efficient and that they are compliant with all internal and external standards.
2. Defining the scope of work with the Development Team and its external consultants for layout and detailed design elements of the project development brief.
3. Auditing and approving the unit design and master plan layout proposals for new projects and ensuring their compliance with all internal and external standards and specifications at key development critical path milestones.
4. Providing the reports in order to obtain the necessary approvals from Senior Managers, Directors, the Risks and Opportunities Panel and Investment and Development Committee in respect of design proposals for all development projects.
5. Advising on value engineering and options for alternative design proposals and specifications.
6. Managing the critical path programme in respect of design and technical development project key milestone dates.
The successful candidate will:
1. Be a qualified building professional (e.g. Architect, Surveyor, Engineer, Project Manager) with substantial experience of working on mixed tenure projects from inception to completion, or able to demonstrate equivalent professional standing through experience, knowledge and skills.
2. Have significant experience of managing technical staff and a commitment to design and construction quality.
3. Have a proven track record of experience in preparing design and technical briefs and specifications with an excellent understanding of the Government’s and the Homes and Communities Agency’s agenda for building construction including efficiency, sustainability and environmental impact.
4. Possess full understanding of the purpose of Construction Commitments 2012, Design & Quality Standards, Housing Quality Indicators & Key Performance Indicators.
5. Have experience of working with client groups and design and construction teams to achieve best value and quality standards, with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of technical and non-technical people including clients, customers, colleagues and regulatory bodies.
This is a very rare opportunity to join a people focussed organisation with a friendly and forward thinking team at a very exciting time. A remuneration package of up to £56,000 is offered along with a market leading benefits package including flexible working hours, extended holiday days, generous pension scheme and private healthcare to name a few!
To apply please forward your CV in Word format along with current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.