The Bath office is growing and we are now looking to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic Surveyor, with experience in Commercial Office Agency to join our Commercial team. The Surveyor will focus on generating agency fees from existing clients and securing new clients for the business. They will be key in providing general commercial property advice to existing clients, helping to contribute towards growth and success of the commercial division. Our Bath office is located less than a 10 minute walk from the town centre, which is ideal for anyone looking to stay in the heart of Bath. We offer flexible benefits and a competitive salary.
Contract Type Permanent
Working Hours Full Time
- Advice to clients with regard to office agency matters
- Generation of fee income from office agency
- Identification and development of new clients & geographical areas
- Participation in the development of a successful team to generate new business and strengthen the existing commercial business
- Increase the profile of Carter Jonas, particularly as a regional office agent
- Working in conjunction with other departments and offices to generate new business opportunities
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities. .
- Implement policy as required and ensure legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Assisting in the review of clients’ portfolios
- Assisting the graduates in the team, acting as a mentor to them with both their work and APC training
This job description is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional relevant duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
Essential skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience – this must correlate with the job description (I.e. cannot contain Project Management experience if that is not a requirement in the role)
- MRICS qualified with at least 2 year post qualification experience in office agency
- Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of development new and existing relationships with clients
- Numerate with excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong MS Office Excel skills
- Landlord and tenant experience
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of the local commercial property market
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Knowledge of the industrial sector
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to lease agreements
- Driving license
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
No agencies please.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the apply button.