An interview with Justin Taylor: Head of Retail for Cushman & Wakefield
Justin Taylor, Head of EMEA Retail at Cushman & Wakefield, leads the Number One retail team in the market. He has taken time out of his busy schedule to provide an insight into life in this fast-paced team.
- What sets C&W Retail apart from the competition?
Retail is in our DNA. We have a global retail family – a personal relationship with our colleagues across the world – and our scale, platform and service lines are the key to how we support our clients’ needs. We have talented and inspirational market leaders in our countries and teams.
- Why should a candidate want to work for C&W?
We are the Number One Retail Property brand and top 3 Retail Property firm, globally. We have a vast and solid client base, and our instructions are iconic game-changers in the market. We are a large corporate business benefiting from the strength of years of success, and our teams are empowered locally, which means every individual has impact on what happens to our business – every opinion matters.
- What makes C&W a great place to work?
Our brand precedes us. Being part of the Cushman & Wakefield team not only opens doors with market clients, but it exposes us to valuable experience and expertise, providing a platform for learning; building lasting friendships and industry networks. C&W is a social company with a diverse, respectful and collaborative culture.
- What are the biggest opportunities for the team?
Firstly, to leverage our new platform following our recent merger with DTZ and to capitalise on investment in IT/CRM. To align ourselves with the global flow of money and the most active occupiers. Finally, understanding where the market is moving to and dedicating ourselves to insight to be ahead of the curve.
- Can you talk about a recent success story in the team?
Brent Cross Extension – the project is vast with input from multiple C&W services lines including development, leasing, investment and lease advisory. Also, we are working alongside two clients on this development, rather than one: Standard Life and Hammerson.
- What does 2017 hold for C&W Retail?
A year of growth after our successful merger!
- Retail Agency Team of the Year - Property Awards 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 – WINNER
- Retail & Leisure Property Adviser of the Year – Estates Gazette Awards 2014 - WINNER
- Leisure Agency Team of the Year - Property Awards 2014 - WINNER
- Leisure Property Adviser of the Year – Estates Gazette Awards 2013 – WINNER
- Retail Property Adviser of the Year - Estates Gazette Awards 2011 and 2012 – WINNER