Strategic Land Graduate Scheme - Various - UK wide
Strategic Land Graduate Scheme
Taylor Wimpey has now launched our 2017 Strategic Land Graduate programme beginning in September 2017. The scheme will provide a carefully selected group of graduates with an extensive training programme into of the most important aspects of our company - strategic land. The scheme will also offer graduates a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to house building, as well the opportunity to complete your RICS or RITP chartership under the guidance of our industry experts.
Graduates will have the chance to work across different office locations in the UK to gain a full appreciation of how Taylor Wimpey delivers one of the most successful business models in the industry. The aim of the scheme is to place graduates into permanent positions at the end of a 2 year programme and for those outstanding individuals fast track their development to director level within 5 years. During the two years graduates will take part in specific ‘skills camps’ and be tasked with projects that look at tackling some of our industry’s biggest challenges.
- Our programme is a 2 year scheme, where graduates will gain an in-depth knowledge into strategic land which will include the planning processes behind acquiring land, strategic searching for and procuring new land opportunities, as well as developing a wider understanding of house building and much more.
- Each graduate will rotate across different locations and will have the opportunity to spend time in a selection of the Strategic Land regional hubs based in our Business Units across the UK.
- Successful candidates will all attend a 5 day residential induction programme where they will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 2 year programme and what it will bring and also get the chance to meet their compatriots.
- At the end of each rotation, graduates will be given a full review of their performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of their development.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and act as mentors; you will be supported and fully funded in achieving your RICS or RITP accreditation.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things, commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- Graduates will also work on different projects during their 2 years, alongside their fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the 2 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements and Education
- 1st or 2:1 degree - Required
- Graduating with a RICS or RTPI accredited course with one of two specialist skills (planning or surveying) - Required
- Full driving license and access to a car - Required
- Eligible to work in the UK - Required
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time - Required
- Commercial experience or placement year in a land or planning related role - Preferred
Resilience - The ability to recover quickly from challenging situations and provide effective solutions to problems.
Collaboration - Comfortable working in a team on various projects and takes constructive criticism. Able to influence others where appropriate.
Accountability - Take full responsibility for own actions and can offer justification for them when required.
Risk taking - Willing to take calculated risks when appropriate and can learn from previous mistakes.
Challenging - Willing to challenge the norm and push back when appropriate regardless of audience
Ambitious - Strong desire to succeed, both professionally and personally and have a clear plan on how to achieve objectives.
Solution-focused - Draws effective and valid conclusions based on analysis and objective views.
Resilience & Perseverance - Can identify alternative approaches to achieve the objective and will push others to achieve even I the face of challenge and obstacles.
Pace & Energy - Shows passion and enthusiasm to meet objectives quickly and effectively.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.