Estates Surveyor - Selby
based in Selby office, covering everything north of the Humber
Up to £44,128 per annum
At Blind Veterans UK, we believe that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone. It is our mission to ensure that blind ex-Servicemen and women have access to the finest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
The Estates department has 3 main areas of focus:
- We manage the Charity’s Housing and provide an excellent service to our beneficiaries.
- We manage the Charities residential investment property
- We provide expert advice to members of the Charity to ensure they are safe, secure and can live independent lives in their own homes by advising on appropriate adaptations.
We are looking for:
- A Chartered surveyor with experience of residential property including managing contractors, buying, selling & letting property.
- Someone that can work with minimal supervision and has the compassion to work with our beneficiaries.
- An individual with commercial focus who knows how to maximise returns from the portfolio.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a driving licence are also requirements.
The ideal candidate will be all of the above but we would welcome applications from other qualified surveyors with demonstrable transferable skills or candidates with relevant experience who may wish to become professionally qualified.
Benefits include a company car, free life assurance and a generous pension scheme.
To find out more about Blind Veterans UK and this role, please visit our website, where you will also find full details about how to apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Closing date for applications is: Monday 29 May 2017
Interviews planned for: Tuesday 6 June 2017