Property Surveyor - Wakefield
We are currently looking for a chartered property surveyor to join our team in Wakefield.
We work in partnership to provide property and professional services to Wakefield Council and you will provide property services for their estate consisting of approximately 1,700 assets including operational and investment assets. This is a mixed portfolio including shops, offices, industrial, agricultural and ground leases.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
As a key member of the Arcadis Property and Estates Management team (PEM), you will provide a comprehensive, efficient, and effective property service for Wakefield Council as well as providing line management of two assistant surveyors.
In this role you will have particular responsibility for a specific work area covering property management, including but not limited to:
- Rent reviews
- Leasing and lease renewals
- Dealing with applications for landlords consents for underletting, alterations, assignments and similar requests
- Deeds of variation
- Lease extension and re-gear
- Service Level Agreements & Memoranda of Understanding
- Survey and inspection
- Identifying and monitoring completion of repairs, maintenance and dilapidation activity by the wider Partnership
- Maintenance of property information and systems
- Asset reviews
You will be involved with a variety of planned and reactive work including:
- Negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals and re-gears, surrenders, new lettings, easements and licences subject to governance procedures and client approval.
- Processing applications for assignments, underlettings and other variations to leases, as above.
- Inspecting properties for a range of purposes and advising the Council on enforcement of covenants.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and contractual maintenance obligations.
- Liaising with other parts of the Partnership, external consultants and appointed professional advisors e.g. on repairs and maintenance and health and safety issues.
- Liaising with Council legal advisors and other departments where appropriate, to ensure transactions are appropriately concluded.
- Regularly reviewing and interpreting title documents, updating records following tenancy changes and ensuring key lease events are monitored and actioned.
What you have to offer:
While experience working in the Public Sector is useful we are interested in speaking to experienced property surveyors with the following:
- MRICS Chartered Surveyor accreditation
- demonstrable experience of commercial property management
- knowledge of case law and legislation across all property related matters
- a thorough understanding of relevant property issues, legislation, codes of practice and health and safety
- excellent negotiation and communication skills
- ability to think clearly and logically to develop and implement strategies to achieve objectives.
- an ability to engage with people at all levels
- an effective team player, self-starter who able to work effectively with little supervision
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!
For mor informationa and to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply' button.