Business Development Director - Real Estate
Apex Airspace Development Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director - Real Estate to join the team based in central London. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary.
As the No.1 player in this new market, we have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Business Development Director to join us and help us sustain and drive our growth. The Business Development Director will spearhead our growth, tapping into new and existing networks to develop and expand growth.
Business Development Director Responsibilities
- To deliver outstanding performance in line with Apex’s strategic ambitions.
- Shape and drive our new business growth, working with a wide range of freeholders in both the public and private sector
- Develop a deep understanding of our competitive position, and contribute towards development of our strategy to keep ahead of competition
- Manage the identification, appraisal and cost effective delivery of all airspace developments, in terms of benefits, costs and risks
- Manage, motivate, and grow the new business team to achieve and exceed Apex’s growth targets
- Establish and maintain robust governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Selecting, developing and managing the external professional project team
- Agreeing contracts for the delivery of new projects, monitoring compliance and managing all variances
- Work with consultants and team colleagues to co-ordinate the Apex PR strategy, key messaging and stakeholder engagement.
- Liaise as necessary, with colleagues in, Finance, legals, performance management in respect of all relevant matters relating to projects.
- Provide market feedback to the Executive regarding competitive offerings, market shifts and clients market behaviours
- Ensure all necessary approvals are in place before committing fee expenditure, diligently managing monies expended during the ‘work up’ of projects within agreed authority limits.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience of our Business Development Director
- You will have been a valued member of a high performing business unit, within a New Homes/Developer company
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business in real estate market
- Experience of dealing with all types of stakeholder in the development process (planning authorities, statutory bodies, JV partners etc.).
- Broad experience leading real estate projects from inception to completion
- Strong personal contacts with development and project management consultancy professionals and leading architects, networking and personal contacts - particularly with commercial real estate agents
- Proven experience of motivating people involved in projects, understanding strengths and weaknesses to achieve a high performing team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, in particular CDM regulations
- Commercially astute, strong numerical ability and a systematic approach to risk/reward assessment and risk mitigation.
- Outstanding influencing and communication skills with written and verbal eloquence
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise, with strong judgement skills and an ability to make decisions
- Confident communicator and influencer of stakeholders
- Experience of leading residential projects from lead generation to conversion to new projects
- Strategic thinker and ability to solve complex problems
- Degree level or equivalent in Real Estate development , construction, or related business subject
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Business Development Director then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
More searches like this
- Building Surveying Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Housing & Social Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Project Management Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Regeneration & Sustainability Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Investment & Development Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)