Crest Nicholson has been building new homes for 50 years and is firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities.
Crest Strategic Projects (CSP), a division of Crest Nicholson, specialise in the acquisition, promotion and delivery of strategic land. CSP has established itself as one of the most successful strategic land operators in the South of England. With a number of projects due to secure planning consent and move into the delivery phase CSP has an exciting opportunity for a Development Executive to join their team. The successful candidate would ideally be based in Chertsey, Surrey. However, candidates with the right skills from the Bristol area will also be considered.
We are looking for a RICS chartered Planning and Development Surveyor with a strong development and delivery background. Experience in the delivery of strategic sites, either as a consultant or working for a main housebuilder, is preferred but not essential.
As a key member of the team the role of the Development Executive is to manage the development of major projects, taking responsibility for: the project business plan; delivery strategy and maximisation of profit alongside the day to day management of projects.
The candidate will be part of a team but should expect to directly manage on a day to day basis a minimum of two major projects.
* Extensive experience and knowledge of residential development
* Demonstrate an understanding of and experience in managing multi-faceted development appraisals
* Ideally experience of viability and land draw down valuation or demonstrate an understanding of the process
* Experience of handling and managing complex projects
* Demonstrate strong development management track record across full range of residential and commercial project development.
* Proven track record in working up reserved matters applications
* Understanding of the planning system
* Proven track record of negotiation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients in a professional and friendly manner
* Relevant qualification ideally but must be educated to at least degree standard
As an employer of choice, we offer an extensive range of benefits, to include:
* Competitive salaries and bonus schemes
* Company Car/Car allowance
* Long term incentive scheme
* Share save scheme
* Private pension up to 7.5%
* Private healthcare and cash plan options
* 25 days' annual leave
* Gym membership discounts
* Retail discounts
We seek to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development and which rewards the effectiveness and loyalty of our employees.
Crest Nicholson is an equal opportunities employer.