Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK and Boots Opticians are part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
What’s it like to work in Group Properties
The Estates Department are looking for a Surveyor to work within the team with primary focus on driving value out of our estate, supporting stores to trade, and maximising income producing opportunities. You will have a strong customer focus and a high level of drive and self-motivation to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment.
About the role
With the drive, energy and tenacity you will be able to deliver great results, by:
• Being a great team player, building relationships with key internal customers and the external market to deliver business objectives
• Having a mind-set of continual improvement in both tactical strategy and processes
• Assisting teams on business projects to deliver measurable results
• Managing the performance of external surveyors and lawyers to deliver on time and under budget
• Dealing with a diverse workload, from day to day property management issues, lease obligations and dilapidations to undertaking rent reviews and lease renewals
You will have responsibility for
• Managing a portfolio comprising retail stores together with sublet commercial and residential properties which produce a substantial rental income. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in lettings and delivering new income opportunities.
• Financially appraising and evaluating property transactions, preparing and presenting Board approval papers.
• Negotiating the best commercial terms in the market on all aspects of property management and rental transactions
• Assisting in the preparation of the annual property budget and monitoring progress on delivery to it.
What we’re looking for
Ideally you will be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Our ideal candidate will also have the following experience:
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a team of professionals to deliver business objectives.
• Commercially aware, being analytical and use financial knowledge to bring an innovative approach to property solutions
• Good communicator, able to build effective relationships within the business and the external market
• Self-motivated and results focussed to meet budget requirements with a high level of integrity and trust
What’s in it for you?
As well as the challenge and responsibility of an integral role in the Estates team, you’ll find opportunities for development and progression. The very best candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and in addition to this we also offer extensive benefits
To apply, please click the apply button today.
Apply for Estates Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly