Estimator (Land) / Senior Quantity Surveyor, North West Residential Developer c£65,000
About the Client:
My client is a well-established house builder who build a mixed portfolio of developments consisting of townhouses, detached houses and apartments throughout the North West.
About the role:
Reporting to the Commercial Director you will work alongside an experienced Commercial Manager and be accountable for land estimates, final budgets etc utilising COINS. Your responsibilities will include:
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise through the planning process. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Liaise with the other departments to ascertain costs of land, technical, statutory services and site overheads and revenues with land (affordable housing) and sales (open market) at the appropriate time.
- Maintain schedules of quantities at various levels and price them individually.
- Ensure the cost base is updated.
- Complete the land purchase exercise for presentation to the management team.
- Update existing land purchase exercises on a quarterly basis for presentation to the management team.
- Report on savings and excesses against the approved and previous land purchase exercise to the management team.
- Attend concept, design team, specification and any other relevant meetings.
- Undertake regular site visits for new projects.
- Input and maintain any computer based estimating databases or systems.
What We're Looking for:
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
- Managing information flow and deadlines.
- IT knowledgeable.
- Knowledge of the Coins system would be of a benefit.
- Level headed, tenacious with excellent attention to detail
To discuss this role in the strictest confidence please contact Elliot Course on 0161 234 0380 or, to apply please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 16449670.