Property Management Accountant (Credit Control)
Client / Job / Person Spec Details
PSD have been instructed by an active Real Estate investor/manager of assets in the office, retail and residential space in the UK. Due to continued growth the business is now looking for a Management Accountant (Credit Controller) to join the team.
To support our expansion we are looking for a Property Management Accountant (Credit Controller) for a growing residential and commercial managing agent. The role would allow you to work on your own complex and varied mixed-use portfolio where you would be responsible for the financial reporting of the growing business. As the business expands, the role will evolve for the person to take more responsibility and management.
Responsibilities of the role:
The role is principally credit control, monitoring rent collection, posting invoices and paying bills. The person who joins needs to be able to fulfil this role without supervision. It’s not a financial controller role.
- Responsible for the monthly finance information for management meetings and business partners
- Producing monthly Landlord income statements and reports
- Monthly KPI reports
- Maintaining the accounts receivable ledger and ensuring that all payments collected are properly allocated in a timely manner
- Maintenance of bank accounts, producing monthly reconciliation reports
- Cashflow management
- Preparing budgets, Cash flow analysis and forecasts
- Demand and collect residential and commercial rent, Service Charges and insurance premiums
- Ensuring that all fees have been charged
- Checking and processing Tenant Deposits
- Recording, processing and making payments of supplier invoices
- Maintenance of service charge accounts. Including raising quarterly service charge demands to residential and commercial tenants, making supplier payments, VAT computations and managing the cashflow and credit control
- Responsible for the year end audit
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- You will have previous experience of Sage 50 and Excel. Training will be provided for PEX (property management software)