Client-Side Project Manager
York Street is working with a global hospitality business to appoint a Project Manager to work from their Central London office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a pacey team within a well established firm, supporting the delivery of existing projects in the pipeline and advising at the early stages of new sites.
This client side firm have a portfolio of serviced apartments globally. This role will cover UK and Europe where the standard project/development consists of 100-150 units with a build time of approximately 18-24 months.
Description of the Role
The Project Manager works closely with the Business Development team in Europe, supporting the strategy, project reviews, potential conversion and location specific regulations of work in the pipeline. The key mission of this co-joined team is to drive the design and construction of the firm’s properties to ensure the project is delivered on planned time, budget and quality. It is paramount the projects are designed inline with industry best practice and the brand values, standards and positioning.
Reporting Lines & Key Relationships
Reporting to the VP of Europe, the Project Manager will work alongside technical and business development colleagues as well as external stakeholders and professional teams.
Responsibilities for New Properties:
- Undertake project management and contract administration duties, setting and establishing project protocols and responsibilities;
- Deliver the agreed scope of works (including administration of contracts if required) plus the leadership and management of meetings with the client, supply chain, and stakeholders;
- Support BD team with initial review of greenfield & brownfield sites;
- Issue brand standards to development team;
- Act as the firm’s representative throughout the design process, to ensure project is documented in accordance with brand standards;
- Monitor delivery to ensure compliance with approved documentation & within agreed time lines;
- Tender and award of FF&E and OS&E packages;
Responsibilities for Existing Properties:
- Prepare project improvement plan, brief, renovation budget, project time line and renovation strategy;
- Professional team sourcing and engagement, leading professional team and coordinate design team to ensure the conformity of brand standards, specifications and allocated budget, project procurement process (contractor tender, specialist suppliers sourcing) and ensuring project is delivered on time;
- Brand Standards & project tools: support the development of tools to improve the standards, project processes and to keep up date all brand standards, procedure and project tools.
In order to make the maximum impact in this role, the person will meet the majority of these criteria:
- University degree (or equivalent on job training) in Architecture, Engineering and/or Construction Management
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in design, construction and project management;
- Strong knowledge of architectural and design, and construction principles and understanding of applicable regulations;
- Ability to read, interpret and scale technical drawings;
- Exposure to procuring services and appointing technical teams;
- International experience in managing projects in different European countries.
- Ability to work remotely and with different cultures;
- Ability to understand technical issues as well legal & financial ones related to scope of responsibilities;
- Effective communication and strong influencing skills;
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Package is negotiable for the right individual, though a basic salary range of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (negotiable). There is also a comprehensive benefits package. Full details will be disclosed to candidates selected for interview.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please register your interest no later than 21st September. Your CV should detail relevant experience against the criteria outlined above. Client interviews are expected to take place in August.
‘York Street’ is a boutique recruitment practice focused solely on professional appointments within real estate and the built environment. We have been requested by our client to identify, assess and present those candidates we feel are most suitable
against the requirements outlined.
Should you have any queries, please contact Grant Smith of York Street.
More searches like this
- Asset & Fund Management Surveyor £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Construction Surveyor £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities & Maintenance Surveyor £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- General Practice Surveyor £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Investment & Financial Surveyor £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)