Regional Estates Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Regional Estates Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Estates Manger based from our offices in Barlborough.
The Regional Estates Manager must be educated to degree level in a directly relevant subject e.g. Real Estates Management with relevant valuation, estates management, environmental and legal knowledge. The Regional Estates Manager is required to be a professional member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and to maintain this status always acting in a professional and ethical manner as required by the rules and regulation of the RICS and fulfilling ongoing CPD requirements. The manager must be aware of relevant legislative requirements and obligations, be commercially aware and must keep abreast of changes in legislation, regulations and guidance. The role has a significant legal and commercial bias.
The Regional Estates Manager is expected to be able to advise on an extensive and diverse property portfolio covering a wide range of different interests including Energy from Waste facilities, landfill sites, gas utilisation facilities, Anaerobic Digestion and Invessel Composting facilities, large sheds, depots and workshops down to open storage land.
Excellent negotiation, communication and report writing skills are required to coordinate a number of internal key stakeholders and external advisors (legal and professional) to deliver property arrangements within specified or contractual timeframes to a pre-determined budget.
Ability to manage numerous projects at any one time in order to support the growth of the business in line with its strategic aims and to comply with internal and external policy and regulations.
- Degree in Real Estate Management, Urban Land Economics, Minerals Estates Management or similar. Professional member of RICS.
- Proven track record in delivery of property transactions and commercial awareness and ability to communicate complex situations to a wide audience.
- Awareness of legislation, valuation methodology and commercial reality, national non domestic business rates, environmental liabilities and other core surveying principles.
- Integrity honesty and common sense and taking accountability for advice and decisions made. Excellent and influential communication skills across a broad spectrum of stakeholders and reliance on own initiative. Ability to react quickly and to challenge and be prepared to be challenged to vigorously and continually revaluate available options. To be innovative in approach to seek to take every opportunity to grow the profitability of the business and to generate positive partnerships with internal and external clients.
- Able to travel without restriction and work some unsociable hours with occasional nights away from home. Self-starter with ability to manage numerous projects to completion. Organisational skills to ensure key management information is regularly circulated to a large stakeholder base.
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility.
You’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate. We’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Biffa is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions
Apply for Regional Estates Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly