Client-Side Quantity Surveyor
York Street is working with a major regeneration developer to secure an inhouse Quantity Surveyor. As one of London’s leading developers, this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most highly regarded and market leading teams in their field working on one of the largest Borough regenerations in London
This major developer offers an opportunity to work on one of London’s largest residentially led developments in a phased delivery of thousands of homes with commercial, retail, school and healthcare provision over the next 10 years.
Description of the Role
Reporting directly to the Head of Department, the successful candidate will work closely with the Development Management team and as part of the Project Management team. This is a particularly appealing opportunity due to its breadth and scope of duties including cost management through design and production on-site in addition to procurement of key suppliers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working within the internal Pre-construction team to ensure that design develops in accordance with the agreed commercial parameters;
- Managing the cost planning undertaken by our external cost consultants and proactively supporting the development of the design;
- Undertake analysis and benchmarking exercises.
- Working with internal and external teams to develop effective procurement strategies;
- Work closely with the Development and the in-house Operational teams ensuring that the design meets the brief and the operational requirements;
- Participate in the establishment of a portfolio of key suppliers for the development;
- Monitor and maintain relationships with the key suppliers ensuring the highest quality, delivery and price;
- Maintain key relationships with the existing main contractor framework;
- Assist in assigning appointed key suppliers to contractors, ensuring that contractors are aware of the required specification and that quality is not compromised;
- Working with the project teams, source materials that are robust, cost efficient, and of the highest quality to meet the design specification of the development;
- Liaise with the internal Private Rented Sector team to ensure the “fit for purpose” criteria, including the requirements of the maintenance and replacement strategy, are agreed and managed within expectations;
- Engaging with the wider business to exchange ideas and lessons learnt as part of continuous development.
To achieve success in the role, successful candidates must meet the following pre-requisites:
- 5 years minimum PQE in a consultancy, contractor, PQS or similar cost role;
- Clear evidence of relevant professional qualifications and results to date – MRICS or equivalent Chartered status (desirable);
- Extensive experience in cost management and exposure to procurement of suppliers;
- Ideally you will be experienced in working on high-rise residential developments;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to challenge constructively in project meetings;
Basic: £60,000 - £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
+ Discretionary Bonus
+ Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Full package details will be disclosed to those candidates invited to interview stage.
York Street has been tasked in identifying and assess suitable candidates for this vacancy. Please apply by submitting your CV or direct any queries to Grant Smith on 020 3371 6689 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 21st September in order for client interviews to be held this month.
More searches like this
- Building Surveying Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Construction Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities & Maintenance Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- General Practice Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Investment & Financial Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)