Property Portfolio - Junior Consultant/ Consultant
Property Portfolio - Junior Consultant/ Consultant - Full Time - Wimbledon, South West London
Our Head Office Property Department is strengthening their team and is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and analytical person determined to build a career in a challenging international environment to join the Expansion/ Portfolio Team as a Junior Consultant/ Consultant (dependent on experience). Help turn our expansion plans into reality!
At an exciting time of growth for Lidl GB, we are now aiming to more than double our existing store portfolio. For the successful candidate, this is an ideal opportunity to join a fast paced and efficient team at the forefront of our company’s ambitious development plans in a position which offers both responsibility and variety.
What will you do?
- Working at a national strategic level to drive forward store expansion and develop the existing portfolio
- Reviewing proposals at all stages of the stores life cycle (Site Acquisition/ Planning/ Opening/ Modernisation/ Relocation/ Disposal)
- Analysing regional site proposals submitted to Head Office, including offers for land purchase and legal contracts
- Undertaking due diligence and conducting feasibility assessments on proposals
- Liaising with and providing support to Regional Property Offices on proposals
- Providing support for in-house property systems and procedures, while ensuring confidentiality, compliance with legal requirements and operational specifications (internal policies, etc.)
- Presenting proposals to senior management/ brand
- Completing related project work including national presentation, reports, procedures and deadline management
- Understanding the company’s ‘bigger picture’ and the property role within the organisation as a whole
What will you need?
- Degree educated
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
- Confident in supporting executive management
- Ability to digest, analyse and appraise proposals pragmatically and thoroughly
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-motivated and proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems on their own initiative
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team, to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Previous retail/ property experience beneficial
- German language beneficial but not essential
- Driver’s licence advantageous but not essential
What do we offer?
- Earn between £30,000 - £52,000 (*dependent on experience)
- 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.