Clerk of Works
Greystar is a leading, fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment management, development, and property management of rental housing properties globally. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Greystar operates an estimated $115B of real estate in over 180 markets globally including offices throughout the United States, UK, Continental Europe, Latin America, and the Asia-Pacific region.
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and professional Site Inspector / Clerk of Works to join Greystar’s in-house construction team based in London.
The candidate must have extensive construction site experience in a similar role (relevant MEP and Building Fit Out experience would be advantageous) with an in-depth knowledge of Construction Processes, Standards and Regulations and an ability to work closely with Contractor’s staff on site to coordinate tests and inspections and provide feedback reports on quality control and progress to the Project Manager is essential.
Working Relationships & Contacts:
- Reporting directly to Greystar’s Project Manager / Director and supporting team members in the Development and Construction team across several projects during construction and handover.
- Liaising with the Employer’s Agent, external contractors and consultants.
- Liaising with Greystar’s Operations and Estates Management teams and other stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Role include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Act as a quality inspector on site for and on behalf of Greystar.
- To fully comprehend the detailed requirements of all drawings and specifications.
- To visit site(s) on a regular basis, as directed by the Project Manager to:-
- Ensure that the works are being carried out in accordance with the Contract drawings and specifications;
- Monitor the Contractor’s progress against the Contract programme and report status to Greystar’s Project Manager;
- Monitor the quality of materials and workmanship on site, identifying any defects or issues for escalation to the Contractor’s representative and Greystar Project Manager;
- Liaise with all contractors and consultants to resolve any technical queries, problems etc. that may arise;
- In conjunction with Greystar’s Project Manager and Employer’s Agent, anticipate and identify any potential difficulties on site in good time so that the necessary instructions can be issued;
- Take progress photos to record good practice, condition, events or deviations from the drawings and specification in order to evaluate the contractors on site performance and progress;
- Provide a weekly progress and inspection report;
- Attend regular Contractor progress meetings with Greystar’s Project Manager;
- Contribute to risk review workshops to adequately capture emerging and foreseeable risks that may occur onsite;
- Ensure that all correspondence is filed in accordance with Greystar QA procedures and/or the Project Electronic Data Management System;
- Liaise with the contractor and consultants to agree benchmark quality standards;
- Liaise with the contractor and consultants to undertake final inspections; record any defects and outstanding works to be remedied to enable the Employer’s Agent to issue Certificates of Practical Completion;
- In conjunction with the Employer’s Agent and Greystar’s Estates Management team, at the end of the defects liability period, inspect the works, prepare a schedule of defects for notification to the Contractor.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to work using own initiative in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Be knowledgeable of current Building Regulations, British Standards and other documents associated with quality of works and installation requirements.
- Good people management and leadership skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Good awareness and knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental management, particularly CDM.
- Site inspection and writing reports.
- Experience in large residential developments and infrastructure works.
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.) utilising relevant computer software packages (ie. Word and excel literate).
- Knowledge of design and build contract management processes.
- Implementation of change management.
- Knowledge of key project control processes.
- Knowledge and use of document management systems, snagging software packages etc.
- Experience of programme interpretation and client reporting.
- CSCS/CITB scheme.
- Nebosh certificate.
- Membership of ICWCI or similar body would be an advantage.
Predominantly working in and around London but some travel to other UK regions and Ireland may be required.
Apply for Clerk of Works
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Building Surveying Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Construction Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental/Health & Safety Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Project Management Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Planning & Development Surveyor £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom