Role: Development Manager
Life Less Ordinary are a progressive and forward-thinking property developer with experience in London and the Home Counties. At the core of the company is its passion and commitment to provide well designed and desirable homes for a whole spectrum of the property market. Using proven construction methods and the latest materials and finishes, the company is able to deliver homes to the highest of standards and provide its owners a 'Life Less Ordinary'.
With circa 200 units in construction we are looking for a hands-on cradle to grave development manager. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on a small but fast-growing development company. The successful candidate should be driven, diligent and have a pragmatic approach to the day to day dealings of development. They would have experience in delivering individual schemes of between 10-200 units including new build and conversions. The applicant will be responsible for the entire development cycle post acquisition.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Obtaining and enhancing planning
- Managing teams of consultants and providing input on all areas of the design
- Understanding the most efficient and cost-effective means to build a respective scheme
- Ascertaining the most appropriate contractors and procurement route
- Managing tenders and analysis
- Implement strategies to manage programme and costs during construction works
- Engaging with warranty companies/building control and bank IMS
- Final delivery of a product ready to handover to buyers
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideally MRICS or equivalent
- Cradle to grave involvement
- 5 years minimum work experience in residential property development / project management with a mid sizes developer
- Highly organised and able to coordinate a large team of contractors and consultant
- Good network of construction contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercially astute with entrepreneurial spirt
- Enthusiastic and capable with a passion for property
Salary of £80,000+
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the apply button.