Assistant Development Manager
A leading developer of residential-led mixed-use schemes, with a passion for creating successful and sustainable places to live is seeking an Assistant Development Manager to join their team working on one of their flagship development schemes and others across London.
- Reviewing the project development appraisal and assisting in the preparation of planning reports;
- Assisting in the valuation and acquisition of land by private treaty;
- Assisting in the preparation of evidence for Public Inquiry;
- Work with the design team in order to optimise and enhance the value of the project;
- Assist in preparing development appraisals, cash flows and site valuations;
- Preparing forms and covering letters for the submission of planning applications including discharge of planning conditions, s73 applications to vary existing conditions, reserved matters applications;
- Assisting in the preparation of planning statements;
- Coordinating and reviewing reports written by the consultancy team;
- Prepare for and attend community engagement sessions, Planning Committees and meetings with Local Authorities as requested.
- Monitor local and all social media including websites, blogs and Twitter;
- Undertaking market research in order to make recommendations on sales, revenues, product mix and specification;
- Assisting the technical team with development queries.
- At all times to give a good service and impression of the company to outside parties and professionals; and
- To give, when requested, a high quality of service to others who request it within the company.
As well as having gained and understanding and practical experience in undertaking development appraisal and viability work, a working knowledge of the planning system is also required as the candidate will be expected to assist in the preparation and negotiation of planning applications and discharge of planning conditions.
This team is renowned for developing the talents of its staff and for the right individual, if ready to take ownership of the job and as much responsibility as you can handle will be given a path to career progression.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Has a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Well-presented and business-like
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communicator in both verbal and written application
- Ability to work within a team and be flexible
- Must undertake continual professional development.
- Must keep up to date with all current legislations and proposed changes to regulations.
- Lead and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within organisations
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant degree in Planning, Development or Real Estate
- Working towards RICS, RTPI or RIBA (preference)
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in residential led mixed use development with a consultancy or developer.
- Full and clean driving license
- Excellent verbal, written communication and IT skills required
- Knowledge of planning procedures, development control and building regulations requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Packages
- Strong communication skills and be able to effectively engage with in-house and external consultants/experts.
- Be a key contact and resource for different teams and stakeholders.
Competitive salary, plus benefits and bonus
Lucie Cox, at Lucie@kdhassociates.co.uk
More searches like this
- Graduate Surveyor £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Housing & Social Surveyor £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Regeneration & Sustainability Surveyor £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Investment & Development Surveyor £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Planning & Development Surveyor £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)