European Asset Manager - Private Equity
PE Investment Manager who have an enviable track record in Fund Raising and AUM growth over the last few years, are looking for a Dutch speaking Asset Manager to drive value from their Netherlands based portfolio. It’s completely mixed sector and includes offices, industrial, retail, residential and also hotels, and as the portfolio expands in the Nordics the role will grow to include this region too.
- Drive value creation from deal execution through exit for assets with complex investment strategies including developments and repositionings, in conjunction with local operating partners, leasing/sales agents, architects and other technical consultants
- Assess investment performance in relation to business plan targets by analysing financial reporting, performing regular sites visits and serving as an expert on local leasing and capital market conditions
- Identify, recommend and execute asset management initiatives to create value and mitigate risks during the hold period, in collaboration with the local operating partner
- Analyse, negotiate and recommend lettings, capital expenditure programs, refinancings and other major Asset Management decisions
- Maximise operating performance, by challenging and supporting the operating partner, monitor progress and introducing state of the art practice.
- Show strong interest in understanding new markets, competitive environments, tax and legal structures for holding investments.
- Support annual property valuation process and preparation of internal and external reports
- Evaluate asset level business plans and cash flow projections
- Keep senior management informed on progress of the business plan, major asset management initiatives and upcoming risks.
- Drive sales marketing strategies, timing and management of the disposal progress
- Work closely with the Acquisitions team in the underwriting and due diligence of new investments and assist in securing third party financing
- Very strong academic record
- MRICS preferred but not essential - candidates could have come from the Analyst route into Asset Management as opposed to being Chartered Surveyors
- Circa three to five years of direct European real estate experience, ideally in an asset management role or acquisition role. Experience in the Dutch real estate market is a positive.
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Comfortable to make effective decisions in response to changes in the market environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Languages: Fluent in English and Dutch