Here at West Suffolk Council we have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Estates Manager to join our team based in both Bury St Edmunds and Mildenhall (regular travel is also required to Newmarket, Brandon, Haverhill and other villages, so access to transport is essential). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis, and in return you will receive a starting salary £44,632 - £50,600 per annum depending on experience plus essential car user allowance and excellent pension scheme.
West Suffolk Council, formerly St. Edmundsbury Borough Council and Forest Heath District Council, is forward thinking and innovative. West Suffolk Council is taking an increased commercial approach to changes in the public sector environment and there are a wide range of exciting initiatives underway.
Property is at the core of many of the council’s initiatives and as the Estates Manager you will play a vital role in the management of the incredibly diverse and mainly commercial portfolio of over 400 operational and non-operational properties that includes industrial premises, local shopping centres, scheduled ancient monuments and even a world class entertainment venue.
Responsibilities of our Estates Manager;
- You will be responsible for a team of Estate Surveyors
- Work closely with our existing tenants
- Maximise the value of our various land holdings
- Work on exciting corporate projects objectives of the council
- You will be responsible for the preparing and implementing the council’s Asset Management Plan and provide
property related advice and guidance to the authority.
What are we looking for in our Estates Manager:
- We are seeking a qualified MRICS Estates Manager to oversee our busy Estates team.
- You will have experience and a track record of delivering best value from actively managing a property portfolio and
property asset based projects.
- Some public sector experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
Closing date: Monday 30th September 2019
Interview date: 7th /8th October 2019
There’s never been a more challenging or interesting time to be in local government. If you are driven to deliver successful and innovative solutions to a forward thinking public sector organisation, and are up for the challenge and possess the relevant property experience, then we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please click the apply button.