Facilities Manager, maintenance and refurbishment for Prisons- Temporary to Permanent position
Working for a National Contractor who provide total facilities Management to the Prison and Custodial estate in Lincolnshire
As the Facilities Manager you will be managing a large team dealing with all responsive and planned maintenance works in the prison. This will include :
* Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to.
* Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are implemented and complied with.
* Ensure all services are delivered in line with contractual commitments.
* Carry out audits and spot checks to confirm service delivery by both direct employees and sub-contractors is of the required quality.
* Carry out first line management duties with staff including disciplinary and employment processes.
* Revenue generation from additional work identification.
* Provide information exchange with on-site customers.
* To oversee the day to day operation and strategic management of the Estate / building on behalf of the Client.
* Experience of the Facilities Management marketplace
* Experience of first line management
* Sound knowledge of service delivery
* Supply chain management
* Demonstrable experience of budgeting and managing costs
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and implementation of policies
Knowledge of CAFM systems.
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Broad, technical understanding of required contractual activities
This role is a temporary to permanent role with the annual salary £40k + package
Working Hours - This will involve working 1 in 3 weekends - uplift on salary with a rest day in the week, and also a on call rota where you will be paid an overtime rate. It will be an hourly rate with overtime and weekend uplift.
You will be experienced in delivering minor works projects and sub-contractors; and have a strong maintenance or FM background. A good knowledge of either building fabric or M&E maintenance is essential and a relevant qualification is required.
You will need to live within an hour of Lincoln City Centre.
Please note that this role is subject to a DBS check.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.