A well-known engineering services firm is recruiting for a newly created Graduate Structural Engineer position to work on a major UK infrastructure programme based from their South East London office.
My client is a well-regarded organisation with a track record of delivering high quality engineering services across a wide range of infrastructure programmes. They offer a collaborative environment and provide excellent training and support (e.g. ICE sponsorship) to develop your skills and knowledge leading to future progression opportunities which could be in the UK or overseas.
In this newly created Graduate Structural Engineer position you will be based in Dartford and support the Asset Management team from a technical perspective, specifically supporting all elements of tunnel structures maintenance. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support development of an effective maintenance programme of a number of structural assets (tunnels and/or bridges);
- Assist with condition reporting, asset analysis, and data management for the programme;
- Help with the development of 1/5/30 year plans and associated budgeting;
- Oversee technical aspects of tunnel/bridge maintenance through effective communication with maintenance teams.
As a strong applicant for this Graduate Structural Engineer you will:
* Have a relevant academic qualification (e.g. Engineering degree);
* Demonstrate an interest in tunnel structures through study and/or work experience;
* Show an interest in developing your skills and knowledge to be able to seek out opportunities to improve processes and systems.
You will be based from the office in Dartford but need to travel across the London and the South East for asset inspections so a driving licence is required.
The offer to the successful candidate will be:
- Salary between £25,000-£35,000
- Benefits including bonus, pension, life assurance, 25 days annual leave
- Bespoke development programmes alongside industry training