Asset Manager/ Property review consultant - London
5 days left
- Full Time
Undertake a detailed review of a number of operational properties used by the council, establishing the utilisation of space by services and their partners with the aim of improving the efficiency of the estate and identifying opportunities consolidation of services that can release surplus property for income generation or redevelopment.
The Strategic Asset Management of the council will be producing the updatde and comprehensive plans supporting operational and service needs. The plans should integrate with the council's financial and other plans and consider implications for the asset base on both a medium- and longer-term period.
- A robust and extensive knowledge of the commercial property and occupational property sector, experience of operational portfolio management and performance management across these sectors.
- Experience of undertaking property asset reviews, options appraisals and successful implementation of identified options
- Track record of delivery and completion of a programme of plans and tasks
- Proven track record in dealing with external agents and consultants
- High level of understanding of, or, direct experience of local government legislation, practices and procedures together with knowledge of the issues facing local government and those relevant to service/functional responsibilities, together with the legal, financial and political context of public sector management and the statutory responsibilities of this post
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and building partnerships and productive working relationships within a complex policy and service environment with senior managers and councillors and a wide range of other bodies, such as partner organisations, communities and third sector
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to form excellent working relationships with partners, understanding their business and providing consistent financial analysis to allow them to take decisions about the future and shape of the service, its property requirements and costs and potential for radical change.
- Good financial and budget management skills with the ability to deliver economies through creative and efficient working practices by producing accurate and timely data to allow 'informed' decision making and presented in a format that meets business need.
- An ability to help the organisation to reduce costs and improve efficiency in terms of their accommodation in a trusted partner role
- An ability to provide real time support and analysis and add value to property decision making.
- Competitive daily rates
- 6 months contract, with a potential of being extended