A newly created Design Manager position is on offer with a data centre developer as the open a new design office in London to deliver new project requirements in the UK and EMEA region.
This new role is on offer with a well-known, international company who have recently grown quickly through acquisition in Europe. As they look to further their presence in this market they are now recruiting a new team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation in transition and play a key role in developing the design standards and strategy for the business as well as helping to support their wider growth through design and project management.
As the Design Manager you will report to the EMEA Head of Construction. This role is required to be present at least 4 days a week in the London office and some travel will be necessary. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the development and improvement of design standards;
- Oversee the design and delivery of key, new build data centre projects;
- Lead on all value engineering exercises to meet customer's needs;
- Manage the design programme through the internal team and external consultants;
- Liaise closely with the wider project team to ensure the build programme and budget is met.
To be considered for this Design Manager role you will:
- Possess a relevant industry qualification (CIOB, RIBA, Engineering etc.);
- Demonstrate a background in design management on critical infrastructure projects (c.£100m in value);
- Show previous success in delivering a project from inception to completion;
- Be comfortable coordinating DTMs and interfacing with Project Managers;
- Possess a track record of implementing creative design solutions during delivery.
This is also a unique opportunity to add value in real time both to projects and the business as they develop a new design office. The package on offer to the successful candidate will be:
- Highly competitive base salary (dependent on experience);
- Up to 10% bonus;
- Healthcare, Life Insurance, Pension Contribution, and other flexible benefits.
This role will need to be present in the London office at least 4 days a week. Travel in this role both nationally and internationally will be required between 10-15% of the time.