Senior Director, Fund Manager, Retail Warehouse Fund
- Full Time
Experienced real estate fund management professional with strong retail investment track record sought to join leading investment management platform and assume control of a substantial discretionary Fund
The retail warehouse Fund is a closed-ended Jersey PUT with AUM of >£600m focused across a number of assets located in England, Wales, Scotland.
This is a strategic fund management role with a retail specialist sector team in place to support day-to-day on the asset management and portfolio management, financial reporting and analysis.
The role also has oversight of the retail park asset management team, with the objective of ensuring a consistent and high-quality approach is delivered to all assets in this sector across the various UK Funds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, communicate and implement the Fund strategy
- Prepare annual business plans for the Trust and the Fund's assets
- Prepare quarterly reports to investors and the Board, coordinate and present at Investor briefings and webinars
- Review the investment performance of each property and prepare performance outlooks on a regular basis
- Implement appropriate capital investment or disinvestment strategies
- Promote the Fund to new potential investors and seek to enhance liquidity in the secondary market
- Monitor Fund's performance against its Benchmark, adapting strategies as needed
- In conjunction with the Product Development team and the Fund Director, evaluate opportunities for growth of the franchise leveraging performance track record and sector expertise applying innovative and strategic thinking.
- Manage the asset management team and contribute towards the management of the Fund analyst and Fund finance managers.
- Manage Fund's debt and cash holdings in conjunction with Treasury and Finance team, maintaining a close working relationship with lenders
- Ensure statutory obligations and regulatory requirements are met through standards of performance, the services provided by the business and external suppliers.
- Liaise with external valuers to provide scheme specific updates, cost and market information
- Appraise, evaluate and approve the Asset Manager's plans
- Share market information within the business to ensure all Client Funds benefit.
- Demonstrate a broad economic perspective, with an appreciation of other asset classes.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
- RICS qualified or equivalent.
- Strong property fund management experience
- Proven track record in managing real estate funds, clients and capital
- Strong understanding of the retail sector and the retail warehouse market, both occupier and investment
- FCA approved person through IMC or equivalent
- Numerate, analytical and decisive.
- Strong communication and confident negotiation skills
- Ability to contribute new ideas
- Enthusiastic, proactive and keen to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Methodical in reporting with the ability to present information clearly in writing and verbally.