Head of Capital Programme
Stockport Council has a track record of successfully delivering major highway capital schemes over recent years and that work is continuing with over £40 million of investment planned for 2020/21, including the installation of LED lighting, Highways Improvement Programme, A34 cycling and walking improvements, Mayoral Challenge Fund, Town Centre Access Plan and Mayoral Development Corporation activity planned.
The Council is currently seeking the right candidate to lead their Highway Capital Programme team and put in place the culture and structures to help achieve better outcomes and value for money.
- Designing schemes that meet corporate priorities and develop an overall programme that optimises available resources, including capital finances, design capacity and contractor availability.
- Ensure a commercial focus within the service & maximising the value for money
- To provide strategic and tactical direction and leadership for the team, co-ordinate and control day to day management of all direct reports
- To develop and implement effective policies, strategies and associated plans and reports to improve performance and achieve the desired outcomes.
- Direct responsibility for budgets & balancing the requirements of a complex range of different funding bodies
- To promote an open and learning culture where officers work together to continuously improve services
- Deliver outstanding customer service and effective client management
- You will be commercially and politically aware, have a significant track record of successful programme management and will have leadership skills that deliver continuous improvement.
- Considerable experience in a senior leadership and management role in Transport
- Overseeing a strategic approach to risk management.
This is an excellent opportunity to run a major capital programme with a successful council.
Apply for Head of Capital Programme
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly