Civil Engineer - housebuilding
Opportunity to join a 5* developer, working closely alongside the Head of Technical in pushing residential new build developments forward from pre-planning through build to completion.
UK top 10 house builder with a new region in the Midlands. Ambitious growth plans spurred on by a young, dynamic team and growing landbank. They are a keen investor in people and believe in nurturing talent, welcoming innovation to be better!
Joining the technical team, you will be working across the full engineering spectrum, with an emphasis on front end land viability. Typical example duties include:
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations;
- developing detailed designs;
- appointing and managing consultants for technical drawings, and appraising subsequent designs;
- supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals;
- managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues;
- compiling, checking and approving project drawings and reports;
- adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments;
You will have a strong background in civil engineering and have worked on residential developments of 10+ units. You have a good understanding of civil engineering design principles and an appreciation for the various section agreements, as well as the requirements of other disciplines such as planning and architecture.
You will enjoy working on projects that require a high level of scrutiny and gain satisfaction from adding value to a scheme whether that be value engineering or innovative design.
Competitive starting salary with package including company car/car allowance, private healthcare and flexi benefits. You will part of growing region with a healthy land bank and one of the most senior members of this growing team.