Stenprop - Development Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Stenprop is a dynamic and fast-paced organisation with a mission to revolutionise how multi-let industrial (MLI) is operated in the UK. Their goal is to become the leading MLI business in the UK, and a key part of this is investing in their assets and operating platform to enable them to be the most efficient and highest revenue generating company in their sector. Stenprop is a REIT and is listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges. Their culture is results focused, with a strong emphasis on learning and innovation. They are based in London (West End) and Stockport, with assets spread all around the UK.
We are looking for a full-time development manager to identify, plan and deliver significant capital improvement projects across their UK wide estate. Reporting to the Head of Asset Management this is a fantastic opportunity for a high quality development professional to join a growing and leading company in the industrial sector where they will be able to establish and take responsibility for their business area and bring a new skillset to bear within the business. Working across a portfolio of over 75 estates spread across the UK, the role will be focused on the largest projects and asset management opportunities , ranging from reconfigurations and extensive refurbishment of existing buildings and estates through to ground-up development of new industrial space both speculatively and as pre-lets.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Degree qualification or equivalent supplemented by training in building sciences, construction, architecture, civil engineering and/or town planning;
• At least 5 years’ experience in a development role within commercial real estate;
• Sound understanding of the full development lifecycle with demonstrable experience of delivering successful development projects on time and budget;
• Experience and/or confidence in running development projects independently, without the need for day-to-day supervision or guidance;
• A comprehensive understanding of market analysis , development feasibility analysis ( using cash flows), approval processes , planning , development management and construction;
• Experience in negotiating contracts, managing consultants and overseeing 3rd party suppliers;
• Strong organisational skills to enable working on multiple projects simultaneously whilst ensuring that key stakeholders are kept informed and successful delivery is not compromised;
•A creative problem-solver who knows when to act independently yet consults senior management when necessary and well in advance of crisis situations with foresight and integrity; Strong communication skills and a team player who takes an interest and wants to play an important part in the success of the wider business.
- Experience in the construction and improvement of multi-let industrial property;
- An interest and curious attitude towards the application of technology and data in development
- Management of development/refurbishment projects from inception through to completion, typically ranging in value from £500,000 to £5,000,000, on time and budget;
- Project feasibility analysis, business plans and reporting;
- Sourcing, negotiating terms and appointing suitable professional teams and contractors for each project and monitoring subsequent performance;
- Ensuring regulatory compliance in terms of construction and health & safety;
- Liaising and reporting to internal stakeholders in the analysis, approval, planning, funding and execution of projects;
- Leading external teams from the planning stage through to delivery;
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously around the UK;
- Responsibility for periodic reporting on projects to Stenprop Operations Committee;
- Collaborative working relationship with our Minor Works Managers to ensure alignment in approach, coverage and knowledge sharing across all OPEX and CAPEX projects;
- Working with the Head of Investment in appraising and underwriting potential acquisition opportunities which have development angles.
Apply for Stenprop - Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly