Town planner invited to join an expanding region and help secure permissions on new build residential developments across the West Midlands and down into the Cotswold's.
Volume residential developer operating across the West Midlands, with a variety of greenfield and brown field developments offering a full complement of dwellings from 1bed apartments to 5bed detached, and everything in between. They are repeat investors in people and have a reputed career development plan to ensure each individual continues to progress. The business has a sensible view on remote working, with people having a balance between in the office, at home or on site as the role demands.
The main purpose of your role will be to coordinate Planning Applications Packages and ensure start on site through coordinating and discharging planning conditions. Duties will include:
- Maintain document control and developing planning status and managing reports, administrative duties associated with planning applications and in line with our internal quality monitoring system.
- Ensuring targets are met and reporting information as required to other departments in line with out business plan.
- Researching planning designations and planning history in order to undertake basic site assessment and evaluations in accordance with Industry Best Practice Guidelines.
- Organising and coordinating both internal and external resources to attend meetings and ensuring all requirements are captured and amendments logged and cascaded in a timely manner.
- Work alongside architectural manager to produce bids. Internal bid review, pulling together planning statement and review of policy requirements.
- Assistance with detailed working drawings packages and delivery on site.
- Planning application coordination.
- Planning conditions discharge.
- Meeting with consultants and local authorities.
- Bed review and planning statement collation.
- Assistance with site delivery.
To be successful in your application, you will have gained or be in the process of receiving RTPI accreditation. You will a good understanding of Planning legislation, processes and be a confident communicator in order to gain best outcomes for the business, developments and region.
You must be a self starter and be able to work remotely and autonomously.
You will receive a competitive starting salary with benefits and a package including company car/car allowance, private helathcare, pension and annual bonus.