Director of Development Delivery – Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire
About the client:
An experienced developer who are highly capable of acquiring a wide range of sites, the largest of these being several hundred homes. They have ambitious growth plans to build 650 new homes per annum (currently producing 250 unit). Their aim is to undertake further mixed tenure and large-scale urban regeneration schemes in partnership with public sector and other developers.
You will be responsible for the production of all new homes within the northern home counties region, spanning a variety of tenures (including market sale, shared ownership, affordable rent and other tenures) and across a number of different delivery routes (e.g. Joint Venture, land-led, regeneration and section 106) with a range of partners – housebuilders, developers, JV partners and main contractors
You will provide leadership and direction to a department of experienced development professionals and set a framework to ensure that the development programme is managed according to programme, budget and to an excellent quality standard.
About the job:
- Accountable for schemes from planning / design through to delivery and then hand over to the Sales Director.
- Provide visionary leadership to the Development Delivery department, having oversight and responsibility of all aspects of the delivery stage of the development journey, including pre-con input when necessary;
- Deliver on the promises we make as a Development Directorate on programme, quality and budget;
- Ensure projects are managed effectively in terms of value for money, time, quality, risk and cashflow;
- Establish and manage relationships at Director level with our external stakeholders including our Developer and Contractor partners. You will lead negotiations and dispute resolution at a senior level when required
- Propose, set and manage capital and revenue budgets and then ensure commitments and expenditure are in accordance to these;
What we are looking for:
- Experience in managing a programme of new mixed tenure developments through a range of construction contracts, to deliver to cost, quality and time.
- Good knowledge of the housing association sector and the private sector, having worked in one of these sectors at a senior level;
- A professional or technical qualification relevant to the role would be desirable
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal frameworks applicable to housing development by a regulated housing association
To apply to for this role please contact Elliot Course, psd Group on 0207 970 9792 or
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number PR/360896 / ECO1