Bright Horizons are looking for a full time Property Manager to support our nursery settings, offering a salary of £25,000-£40,000.
Purpose of Role:
The Property Manager is an important role in Bright Horizons UK, with responsibility for the property management of nursery settings to ensure the nursery can operate from the building with a secure lease term and flexibility which is appropriate to each individual nursery.
This role comes with accountability for reviewing lease terms, checking service charges, insurances, business rates, mitigating costs across the nursery portfolio including keeping rents as low as possible and recording information promptly on the property management software.
The Property Manager’s workload will be varied will be varied from dealing with day to day enquires from the nurseries, operations team and other support functions, negotiations with landlords to having the ability to recognise and add strategic value to the business through the asset management of the nursery settings.
The role works closely with a number of different departments within Bright Horizons including legal, finance, operations, facilities and marketing and a key part of the role is to work collaboratively, seek alignment and ensure processes are followed and accountability taken for agreed clear actions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day property management and working in collaboration with the finance team to ensure rents, service charge and insurance are paid on time and efficiently as possible.
- To keep the CRM system up to date regarding lease renewals, rent reviews, breaks and other information that is needed for the system.
- To forge relationships with Landlords which will assist in the property information held and the property strategy that is developed for each nursery.
- To deal with day to day enquiries from the nurseries and support functions.
- To work collaboratively with the other support functions to improve the process and improve efficiency and quality of information to inform business decisions in areas such as, but not limited to, legal (heads of terms), facilities (business cases), finance (divestments and CRM etc.)
- Formation of central data base of rents, yields, insurance, service charges etc.
- To assist the asset manager in formulate a property strategy for each nursery having regard to the nurseries financials, demographics, the “nursery place” supply/capacity in the nursery catchment area and other factors where appropriate.
- To seek opportunities to add value to the nursery operation of the estate which might be through development opportunities, adding nursery capacity or mitigating/reducing costs such as rents, service charges, business rates or insurance, and re gearing leases with landlords.
- Property Management including:
- Review and approving rent, service charges and insurance payments
- Keeping the CRM system up to date
- Day to day property management
- Management of 3rd party and vacant properties and coordinating with finance and facilities team
- Build relationship with operations to help resolve any property related issues and inform the property strategy
- Formulating Asset Strategy for each nursery
- Lease Renewals – preparing reports with recommendations
- Rent Reviews – review of lease, market evidence, negotiations with landlords/agents
- Managing and reviewing break clauses
- Managing dilapidations – developing strategy, working with consultants and negotiating settlements
- Preparation of Divestment/Disposal Business Cases
- Assisting with identifying opportunities to add value, reduce costs or increase flexibility
- Managing business rates strategy, working with consultants to ensure appeals are lodged to reduce assessments
- To work collaboratively with facilities to complete the business cases for capital investment
- Assisting in the due diligence of the acquisition of other nursery businesses regarding property related matters
- Managing external consultants on areas where it is deemed necessary and work cannot be undertaken in house
- Build relationships with property agents for information on rent reviews and other property issues
- Take responsibility for own personal and professional development,
- Property/Asset/Estate management experience across a commercial property portfolio
- Strong PC skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint etc
- Use of Property Management systems (BH use a CRM system)
- A pragmatic, solution focussed approach using risk evaluation, outcome scenarios to determine options and solutions to problems
- Knowledgeable of L&T law, familiar with reviewing leases and where appropriate to work with legal to seek advice on the implication of clauses within leases and obligations placed on the landlord and tenant.
- Good understanding of planning including requirements for D1 use, party wall issues etc (desirable)
- Relevant first degree, post graduate degree and professional qualification in Property/Estate Management (desirable)
- If no formal relevant qualification, then demonstrable experience in Commercial Property Management (essential)
- Evidence of continuous professional development (desirable)
- Chartered Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) (or working towards) (desirable)
- Full, clean driving licence (essential)
- A desire to provide high quality customer service
- Excellent influencer, and effective communicator (oral and in writing)
- Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- A positive collaborative approach - a team player, respecting the roles played by other people in the organisation
- Highly motivated and driven, achieving positive impact and meeting deadlines and taking accountability
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and high energy, thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to use data and numerical detail effectively to review implement strategy,
- Strong commercial and strategic instinct.
To apply for this role, click the 'apply' button today.