A leading developer of residential-led mixed-use schemes, with a passion for creating successful and sustainable places to live, is seeking a strong Development Manager to join their team working on an exciting large mixed-use regeneration scheme in Southwark.
With the continuing regeneration of neighbouring areas such as the Elephant and Castle, Peckham and Bermondsey, this area is now being prioritised targeting the delivery of at least 20,000 new homes and 10,000 new jobs over the next 10-15 years.
The scheme is set to provide 1,500 new homes, 40% affordable and up to 8,000sqm of commercial including dedicated B1c. The scheme also continues to dedicate 50% of exceptional public open space including a 250m linear park. The scheme is starting on site in January 21.
- To manage all planning/ development matters through all phases of the project. Including (but not limited to) all consents, pre-start obligations, conditions, CIL, 3rdparty consents, stakeholder and community engagement and other associated site strategies (commercial, meanwhile, community).
- To seek added value and optimisation opportunities through the planning and design process to improve existing financial metrics.
- To take ownership and responsibility and effectively report progress and key decisions to the Pre-Development Director and wider Board.
- Manage consultant budgets and be responsible for approving invoices. Liaise with the Finance Manager as required to manage fee spend.
- Meet the LA to discuss any planning matters having considered strategy carefully and negotiate and agree any associated pre-application or planning performance agreement fees as required.
- Lead the Design Team Meetings/ Workshops and ensure agendas, minutes and actions are managed effectively.
- Review and consider any RMA submission and communication strategy to ensure a smooth planning process. Awareness of all conditions, required s96a / s73 applications and other site wide strategies and lead on these.
- Manage the selected public relations firm on any required local consultation prior to submission with Councillors, amenity groups and other statutory bodies.
- Manage internal reporting deadlines and arrange and lead Executive Design Team Meetings /Management Project Review meetings as required.
- Ensure that the Project Team remain clear at all times on all programme dates, key milestones and deliverables.
- Work closely with the consultants on all external material, obtaining Management Team sign off throughout the process ahead of submission or presentation to the LPA, SDC, GLA and all other key stakeholders.
- The company is renowned for developing the talents of its staff, with excellent training, career progression, whilst working on some of the most prestigious development schemes in London.
- MRTPI, MRICS
- At least 5-7 years post qualified experience.
- Client side experience essential including residential and mixed-use.
- Exemplar IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of Excel financial models.
- Self-Driven and willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
- Operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external customers in collaboration with the project team.
- Excellent knowledge of the planning system, process and policies having the ability to think logically and/or laterally to find solutions.
- Pragmatic / common sense approach demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
- Operates with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
- Conveys accurate information through effective communication using the most appropriate methods to adapt it to the audience ensuring mutual understanding.
- Strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with diary and time
You will receive a highly competitive salary with benefits
Lucie Cox, on Lucie@kdhassociates.co.uk
KDH Associates was established to deliver a bespoke and personal service to both candidates and businesses in the property industry. Please be assured that we will deal with any enquiries in the strictest of confidence and provide a very supportive and personal service to each and every candidate.