Interim Business Partner - Capital and Asset Planning
A Local Authority based in Bedfordshire are currently seeking an experienced Strategic Asset Management Consultant to join their Estates and Property team.
You will be leading on the planning and capital investment in Council owned property assets, ensuring that the investment in improvement and maintenance of the assets reflects the priorities stated in the Corporate Asset Plan and Schools Asset Plan. You will also play a key role in managing the Repairs and Renewal Budgets (£2m) and the Schools Capital Maintenance Budget (£2m).
- Support the development of the Corporate Asset Plan and asset strategies
- Act as a Property Business Partner working closely with internal service departments and schools
- Support the development of property policy In line with corporate objectives, legislation and best practice to support effective decision making
- Develop and Lead an Asset Challenge process, property reviews and key property related performance indicators
- Lead on the prioritisation of the Council's planned maintenance programme for both the Corporate and Education Estates (Annual budget £4m) Using information relating to condition and priorities identified within the Corporate Asset Plan, Schools Asset Plan Carbon Management (Reduction) Plan and Service priorities
What you need
Educated to degree level. Membership of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent, relevant experience.
Experience of working in a local authority or similar large, diverse and procedurally complex organisation at a senior level
Good project management skills and experience, with experience of implementing change.
Knowledge of property related regulations, legislation, best practice, policies and procedures
Experience of managing and monitoring budgets and a demonstrable knowledge of the Council's Financial Regulations.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment on 07710988890 or email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.