Client Side Construction Project Manager – Student Accommodation
My client is a leading Student accommodation developer with a significant national portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and development they require a construction Project manager to
deliver refurbishment and reconfiguration projects across our London and the South typically ranging from £5k to 5 million.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the development, coordination and execution of capital projects;
- Lead and manage the development and delivery process from inception through to delivery including aftercare to a successful conclusion.
- Procuring & managing consultants and design teams in developing refurbishment & new build developments.
- Manage and coordinate the design team throughout the project life cycle including the consents process, Building Regs. & contractor procurement stages.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, quality and health and safety standards.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships; communicate and collaborate closely with internal Operational, Property & Asset Management counterparts.
- Report on project level progress and budgets, monitor consultant & contractor deliverables and address any deviations from plan.
- Hands-on, dealing with day to day and exercise professional judgement to resolve emerging difficulties.
You must be a qualified construction project manager, with experience in mid-high rise refurbishments to be successful in this position. Experience of “live environment”, so experience of dealing with refurbishments in occupied properties will be extremely beneficial.
You must be an excellent problem solver and have the ability to work at pace across multiple projects. You must have experience in JCT contracts.
To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant property qualification and have experience of managing a large varied workload.
Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills, a cool head and have the ability to manage multiple projects.