Retail Asset Manager - Iconic Scheme
Madison Berkeley are thrilled to be partnering with one of the UK’s leading development companies, who are responsible for forward thinking and innovative mixed use schemes across the UK. They are now seeking a Retail focused Asset Manager, to work on a prestigious City Centre scheme. The portfolio is unique, with a diverse and exciting tenant mix, and design and place making are at the forefront of all that they do.
The successful candidate will focus primarily on delivering the retail strategy across the estate, and ensuring it is best positioned as we emerge from Covid-19. Candidates must be truly passionate about the future of retail and motivated by creating inspiring and unusual spaces in the heart of vibrant cities.
This role will work alongside the existing Asset Management team to deliver retail strategy including relocations, surrenders and re-lettings to drive footfall, spend and dwell. The strategy will require a highly targeted approach to marketing, drawing on existing contacts in the UK and overseas to continually evolve the unique tenant mix that will set the asset apart. The successful candidate will work closely with their peers in the Asset Management team to foster strong relationships with the existing tenants in order to facilitate the return to the estate once the government restrictions are lifted.
- Work as part of a team to deliver the overall retail and leisure strategy, mission, vision and short and long-term goals for the estate to deliver maximum place, consumer and financial performance.
- Monitor trends, issues, opportunities and threats.
- Work as team to deliver the overall strategy and ‘sub strategies’ that deliver maximum place, consumer and financial performance.
- Asset strategies –work closely with asset and development senior management teams in relation to specific retail opportunities and existing assets.
- Assist with annual retail business plans for allocated assets
- Support and prepare all formal and informal reporting
- Assist with asset performance versus budget and mitigating void cost
- Inform the 3 monthly valuations with external valuers, monitoring and ensuring outperformance
- MRICS qualified or equivalent professional experience ideally gained in a property company or retail business
- Property asset management experience, ideally within Central London retail
- Established retail market profile within Central London
- Network of relationships across retail, F & B and leisure sectors.
- Proven asset management skills – experience in rent reviews, lease renewals, lease re-gears and delivering value accretive asset management opportunities
- Experience of successfully building relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience in identifying opportunities to add value and executing on transactions to deliver against targets of asset financial outperformance
- Awareness of occupier needs and market trends
- Numerically astute with an analytical approach
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of property development and construction processes