Head of Assurance and Challenge - South East
An independent organisation with a steadfast desire to raise standards within the construction industry.
The role of Head of Assurance and Challenge is a newly created post to ensure that the proper audit, assessment quality and compliance policies are in place and implemented consistently.
You will introduce new systems and processes to drive efficiency and modernisation in the assessment function.
- Development of a new fit-for-purpose model for assurance, assessment and audit to enable the organisation to deliver necessary assessments of compliance and continuous improvement needs for customers against its updated Code/standards.
- Ensure delivery of shared services of varying levels of on-boarding/assurance/audit/compliance across other related schemes.
- Work with peers and assist in the review and development of the Code/standard for the organisation bringing your knowledge and experience of audit and assurance to benefit the development of the new standard.
- Working to gain buy in and approval with key audiences for new standards and ways of working
- Work with peers to conduct effective stakeholder engagement and review to ensure that the standard remains fit for purpose.
- Auditing all areas of the Scheme’s standards, onboarding and assessments to ensure internal standards of delivery are met and exceeded where appropriate.
- Establish and run clear systems to check and address external issues of compliance
- Identify continuous improvement and efficiencies across all areas of responsibility.
- Lead the implementation of audit and efficiency improvements
- Lead transformational change by galvanising the Assurance and Challenge team to deliver departmental objectives.
- Utilise leadership skills and behaviours to motivate immediate team and wider organisation.
- Drive change where required to achieve improved processes and people performance.
- Previous knowledge and experience gained in working with and/or for other quality standard providers.
- Substantial experience of audit and quality measurement.
- Substantial experience of change management.
- Project management experience.
- Line management experience.
- Ability to explain complex and/or technical matters in a simple and engaging manner.
- Ability to communicate and liaise at all levels both internally and externally.
- Positivity and drive to see a project through to completion.
- Able to work with both detail and see the impact on the strategic picture.
Please send a CV and salary information to Martin.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 970 9635 for more information.