Junior Business Development Manager - Commercial/Retail Property
Osprey Electric Vehicle Charging Network is one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing EV public charging networks. As a dynamic business Osprey secured investment of £50million from Cube Infrastructure in 2019, to fund the deployment of over 2,000 rapid charging points across the UK.
We believe in a clean and sustainable future, and it is our mission to help landlords achieve their net zero goals by providing a fully-funded, owned and operated EV charging infrastructure solution.
Osprey have partnered with major national landlords such as Marstons, M7 Retail, Brookhouse, McDonalds, Shell UK, Cardiff City Centre and many more to deploy charging infrastructure to date.
Our team of 25 people is based in London Bridge, working on our deployment across the nation.
About the role
You will report to the Property Director, or a senior executive of the Company as determined by the CEO. In your role of Junior Business Development Manager your roles and responsibilities will include (without limitation):
- Accountability and responsibility for originating, negotiating and executing leases (or alternatives where applicable)
- for EV charging sites in accordance with the Company’s site policies;
- Using the Company CRM tools, ensuring your prospective sites are correctly tracked and recorded.
- Providing feedback regarding market evolution, competitive offerings, prospect / landlord needs.
- Assisting with site evaluation when pursuing or taking on new sites to ensure compliance with site policies.
- Streamlining your lead generation processes and expediting time to close, and generally seeking to improve efficiency of the business development and leasing process.
- Assisting with new sales strategies and following industry best practice.
- Providing input to the marketing team as required.
- Generally working with all those in the Company’s to contribute to the growth and success of the Company.
- Building relationships with developers, procurement officers, agents and other industry stakeholders
- Internal stakeholder engagement across legal, operations, marketing and finance teams to ensure deals are secured.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to undertake such tasks as are commensurate with your employment contract.
About the candidate
The perfect candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of commercial / retail property transactions, including the key terms and lease provisions critical for development and investment projects;
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships with commercial / retail property clients and negotiating terms to close new business;
- A dynamic, energetic and creative approach to identifying, originating, and opening new business opportunities;
- A desire to be a crucial part of a high performing team;
- A passion for sustainability
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button today.