Director of Housing
- The delivery and achievement of the Business Strategy by meeting the critical demand for specialised supported housing
- Build out the team over the next 5 years to help the Investment Manager deliver on its social and affordable housing strategy
- To develop and manage key internal and external relationships in the interests of facilitating
- delivery and improvement for our customers and communities.
- Ensure statutory obligations and regulatory requirements are met either through the services provided in-house or through external suppliers
- Encourage and support sustained partnerships with customers and registered providers to deliver its common goal.
- Manage a fast-growing team covering housing manager and care provider relationships, property visits, property administration/operations and asset management
- Provide support and input on finance matters – including audit and compliance
- Seek to optimise asset value and lead on proactive engagement relative to lease events
- Oversee and continually evolve the ESG strategy
- Take the lead on commercial decisions and managing the outcomes
- Responsible for identifying future demand, changing priorities and policies and implications for the Investment Manager
- Work with the legal team on asset management strategies/decisions
- Reporting to the Property Monitoring Group / seeking approval from the PMG for substantial asset management decisions prior to Board approval.
- Reporting to the Board on performance /seeking approval for substantial asset management decisions.
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training / experience is essential
- Relevant housing and/or property qualification is desirable
- Experience in working in the Social housing sector in a senior position – ideally 10 years plus
- Good knowledge of social housing, leasehold management and asset management
- Substantial experience at senior management level with significant organisational, departmental and budgetary responsibility
- Experience and ability to lead Housing and Property Services and implement effective
- to drive performance and efficiency
- Substantial experience of working in complex organisations and structures
- Experience in developing and managing demanding performance standards that enable the achievement of the wider business plans.
- Experience or understanding and commitment to corporate governance
- Significant experience of working at a senior level with Boards and Committees with a clear
- and commitment to governance
- Knowledge and experience of working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, including registered providers to deliver improved services and performance
- Demonstrable business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to appraise new business projects and associated strategic and operational risks
- Demonstrable commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills to get the most out of colleagues and external advisers
Contact me for more information and a confidential discussion on 020 7318 1774