Head Of Procurement
A fantastic new opportunity for an experienced forward-thinking and innovative procurement professional to take on an exciting new challenge. The role will partner with the business in creating robust procurement governance, new PTP processes and introduce good procurement practice across key categories. This role reports to the CFO and will form a key part of the finance leadership team. The role will lead a first-class business partnering relationship and be a key member of RVG’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop a business wide procurement framework and processes to meet the business's changing needs, across all activities from operations at village level through to development and construction.
- Lead on drafting new contractual templates, processes and systems as required.
- Oversee the procurement of services, including driving value through contractual negotiations with suppliers.
- Oversee procurement planning together with project teams during bid development and project launch.
- Develop a clear, agile and controlled purchase to pay (PTP) process.
- Contribute to the design of new finance systems that enable efficiency gains across the business, paperless processes and supply chain performance analysis.
- Leverage systems to enable the purchasing journey to be effortless and to enable adherence to a PTP approach.
- Identify opportunities to deliver total value savings (avoidance, absolute saving) and create a value-conscious organisation culture.
- Collaborate with the Company Secretary in the development of a new document management system.
- Review new large commercial contracts to highlight procurement risk inclusion of commercial and fair SLA’s.
- Provide periodic procurement reporting to CFO and Executive team against agreed departmental KPIs.
- Provide training, supervision and mentoring for staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years of procurement experience in indirect or direct procurement related categories.
- Significant procurement experience across multiple business areas demonstrated by an active and progressive career to date.
- Experience implementing and embedding procurement behaviours in a commercial organisation.
- Experience reviewing contracts or other legal documents.
- Ownership of procurement category management.
- Strong influencing skills at a senior level to influence new ways of working;
- Confident negotiator when working with whatever level of internal or external stakeholder
- Able to support a business whilst they embark complex transformation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of establishing new processes and systems, and well as experience of working across a wide range of common supply categories.