Portfolio and Fund Analyst Roles - Global Real Estate Company
International Student Accommodation Investment and Asset Management firm are looking for two new hires – a Portfolio Analyst and also a Fund Analyst. They are very well capitalised and have secure Investment Partnerships and their product has proved resilient across such a challenging year for the Student sector. Both roles have similar requirements in terms of experience and level, and both require advanced financial modelling skills in excel. The key difference is that the Portfolio Analyst role will have more of a focus on their current international estate, looking at things like the annual business plans for the assets, Capex spend, their costs and their incomings based on different levels of student take up each term and really sweating the figures and the data to ensure a good operating profit model, also running the figures for new transactions from a costs versus profit point of view.
The Fund Analyst role will liaise closely with the Portfolio Analyst but will have more of a focus on reporting to Investors, comparative fund research, market research, etc on existing and potential investments.
- 2-4 years’ experience with a demonstrable track record of analytical and modelling work within real estate investment internationally;
- Proven exposure and ability to support the structure of high value deals and execute effectively
- Excellent financial modelling, analysis and research skills
- High-level analytical, planning, organising and problem-solving skills;
- Substantial level of skill in liaising with a range of stakeholders, using influencing, interpersonal, consultation and relationship building skills;
- Ability to commercially evaluate financial data, and present conclusions to inform business decisions;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare documentation for stakeholders’ groups at varying levels;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience of Student, Hospitality or Residential Alternatives highly desirable, as is a second European language