Technical Co-ordinator, Residential Development, East London
Excellent opportunity for a Technical Co-ordinator to join a reputable award-winning plc residential developer.
With a considerable injection of new sites into their pipeline, this organisation is continuously expanding across the board and is looking to appoint an ambitious Technical Co-ordinator to complement the Technical Team.
Working closely with a Senior Technical Manager you will be responsible for the effective co-ordination of external consultants. You will work with a number of projects including a major multi-phased development.
Key aspects are:
- Check all drawings to ensure proposals/details are practical and economic and where necessary improvements which will result in cost/time reductions.
- Ensure clearance of Planning, Building Regulations, NHBC Warranty and other relevant conditions.
- Ensure the effective co-ordination of planning, Design Freeze and working drawings ensuring that discrepancies are reported and agreed.
- Attend design team meetings and specialist supplier meetings when required.
- Liaise with consultants to obtain utility quotes, issue utility information for payments and to site team.
- Organise the approval of specialist drawings through consultants as necessary.
- Resolve design and building problems, contacting relevant personnel and consultants as appropriate.
- Liaise with Planning, Commercial, HA, Sustainability and Sales Departments.
- Providing support to the Construction Team, responding to queries and RFI’s.
- Organise/procure SAP calculations, EPCs, and other pertinent technical information that may be applicable
- Liaise with H&S manager, assist in the preparation of the pre-construction information plans, F10’s and Health and Safety documentation and method statements.
- Prepare Operations and Maintenance Manuals incorporating a Health and Safety File for hand over to Management Company and/or Housing Association.
- Comply with Company contracts, regulations and administration systems in force at the time.
- Keep up to date with correct building products and techniques, current building regulations and relevant supplementary legislation that may impact the performance of the required duties.
An ideal candidate is a technician keen to move into a co-ordination role or an existing co-ordinator looking to take on more responsibility.
He/she will also possess:
- Minimum HNC / BTEC within a relevant Technical focused field
- Ideally 2+ years' experience working with residential planning, Building Regulations and NHBC
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, detailing and construction methods
- Residential experience
- Good and effective communication skill
- Ability to manage the flow of information internally and externally
- A team player with a passion for residential development.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact me in confidence at email@example.com
More searches like this
- Project Management Project Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- Regeneration & Sustainability Project Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- Residential Investment & Development Project Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- Technical Project Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- Planning & Development Project Manager jobs in London (Greater)