Technical Manager, Award-winning plc Residential Developer, East London Salary to attract the best
Excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager to join a reputable award-winning plc residential developer.
With a considerable injection of new sites into their pipeline, this organisation is continuously expanding across the board and is looking to appoint an ambitious Technical Manager to complement the Technical Team.
To co-ordinate all Technical information on projects from inception to completion supporting the project Management team delivering Organisational Key Performance Indicators aligned to Organisational Business targets, culture and core values.
Key aspects are:
- To coach and train staff for personal development and succession planning through talent management delivering staff turnover of less than 15%.
- Deliver the project in accordance with the business forecast and budget
- Deliver world class customer service measured through the Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 70%+
- To ensure compliance with Technical Department processes, procedures and reporting
- Adhere to Group Health and Safety standards
- Act in accordance with company Culture and Values of ‘Our Vision’ commitment to be a World Class Business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live
- Demonstrates compassion and consideration of others and treats others the way they want to be treated forming mutual trust and professional respect.
- To actively promote collaborative working to achieve best practice engagement across the entire project team, making good decisions about empowering others.
- To lead by example, providing support and direction professionally inclusive of reporting staff personal development removing barriers in identified areas of learning.
- Hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with reporting staff to promote a sense of being part of a team using good judgement and appropriate tone, listening and elicit feedback.
- Promote regular staff events and maintain moral / team spirit with a positive attitude.
- Builds and maintains effective networks both internally and externally to form mutually beneficial relationships whilst developing skills to manage expectations.
- To agree within the first 3-6 months a development plan setting out SMART objectives and goals to give clear visibility of succession planning and career path to a Snr T Mgr.
- Liaise with all members of the project team and internal customers to drive forward all information output deliverables aligned to business programme requirements.
- Take ownership of all design team/subcontractor information.
- Assist in arranging Consultant tender recommendations for each phase/project.
- Assume overall responsibility to all Technical payments and monthly fees reporting.
- To highlight to the project team any Non-Conformance related matters either detailed information or As-built in-situ on site which have potential cost implications.
- Assist Commercial with Cost planning/forecasting through value engineered solutions retaining quality of design whilst being Commercially astute.
Deliver Customer Service Excellence and maintain a NPS of 70%+
- To maintain the brand and actively conduct site walks to safeguard delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction on hand-over and post occupation promoter survey result.
- Consistently works to a high standard and looks for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers and company place making.
- Be responsible for handovers/O+M documentation to Operations.
- Over-view of all documentation required by the Sales and Marketing team ensuring consumer code compliance, assisting with queries in a timely manner.
- To manage expectations and hold regular meetings with the Operations and Customer Service department.
Comply with Departmental processes, procedures and reporting
- To actively promote and maintain the Technical processes and procedures set out in accordance with the Technical manual and lead updates.
- Is accurate with meticulous attention to detail and ensures tasks are completed on time.
- Organise CPD training for the Technical and/or Project team.
- Lead the Planning Condition and S106 obligations and/or Development Agreement.
- Lead the Building Control and 3rd Party Warranty provider, conditional approval trackers, to safeguard the business from risk of non-compliance.
- Lead /Chair Design team meetings and close out any follow up actions.
- Attend Production meetings and any other meetings as requested.
- Facilitate information to assist with Party Wall agreements and any other 3rd party legal matters.
Health and Safety
- Lead the Technical team in satisfying obligations acting as Principle Designer.
- Hold a current CSCS card and take responsibility for its renewal as and when required.
- Undertake appropriate Health and Safety training as required by your line manager.
Demonstrates support for company values
- Actively lead responsibility and commitment demonstrating the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
- Lead the Sustainability commitments as set out by Group and update/monitor documentation on a monthly basis.
- BTEC/HNC/HND / Degree in Construction Management and ideally RIBA qualified or equivalent.
- Exemplar IT skills and familiarisation with Project Document Management administration.
- Grounding through Architectural/Engineering/MEPH training.
- 7 Years’ experience of residential planning and Technical Housing Standards / DCLG requirements / London Plan
- 3 year’s experience of acting as a line manager with at least 2 reporting employees.
- Self-Driven and willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
- Operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external customers in collaboration with the project team.
- Profound knowledge of Building Regulations & NHBC Stds, detailing and construction methodology having the ability to think logically and/or laterally to find solutions.
- Pragmatic / common sense approach demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
- Operates with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
- Conveys accurate information through effective communication using the most appropriate methods to adapt it to the audience ensuring mutual understanding.
- Performs effectively by controlling emotions when exposed to difficult situations.
- Strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with diary and time
- Management operating in a structured approach.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact Anna Gromadzka at psd Group
More searches like this
- Construction Project Manager jobs in London (Central)
- Regeneration & Sustainability Project Manager jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Investment & Development Project Manager jobs in London (Central)
- Technical Project Manager jobs in London (Central)
- Planning & Development Project Manager jobs in London (Central)