Land & Development Director
2 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a mixed-use developer and investor focused on sourcing, planning and delivering residential and mixed-use opportunities throughout England. This is a new opportunity to work in a small but very high quality team and take responsibility to develop and drive schemes from cradle to grave. Reporting to the MD this role is responsible for driving site acquisitions and delivering projects in the North London, northern Home Counties and East Anglia / South Midlands region. Experience of residential led development and acquisitions is required. You will be responsible for identifying and acquiring developments for regeneration and land for immediate use, managing through Planning, development and delivery.
- Identify opportunities through your own network, enabler contacts and agents which have the potential for planning gain either as a land sale (with planning consent) or as a build out.
- Assess the viability of each opportunity by reviewing financial appraisals, budgetary information, disposal and build-out options, planning consents etc. and provide initial sign-off before opportunities are submitted to the board for formal approval.
- Take responsibility for the legal, contract and technical due diligence phases of all land acquisitions ensuring that escalations are managed to achieve the best outcome for the company.
- Oversee planning applications on all approved land acquisitions
- Work with the project managers to ensure the smooth transition of all projects that have been approved by the Board for build-out.
- Oversee the formulation of build-out project teams and meet with the project manager to an agreed frequency to monitor their progress and performance.
- Provide proactive business insight by ensuring relevant external economic factors both at a national and sector specific level are taken into account when key commercial decisions are made.
- Provide accurate and timely reports for the board on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required on the progress and performance of all projects
Professional Skills and Experience
- Professionally qualified chartered surveyor and ideally a member of RICS.
- Comprehensive experience of business development, acquisition, viability, planning and technical due diligence at a strategic and core delivery level.
- Operated in a similar role within a SME property developer or national housebuilder with experience of delivering a bespoke and high quality product.
- Effective project manager and provides detailed understanding of multiple and varied projects without loss of focus or insight.
- Understands and is conversant with financial viability modelling for development opportunities and highly networked within the industry
- Strong commercial acumen and drives business performance based on sound financial analysis.
Apply for Land & Development Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly