Senior Land Manager
One of the UK’s leading group of privately owned brownfield, regeneration, remediation and land development companies has a rare opportunity for a talented, driven and well connected transactional led individual to progress high profile development projects throughout the UK, and support the Board on land supply and planning.
As Senior Land Manager you will primarily identify and assess land opportunities against company criteria and assist in planning, technical and financial appraisals. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Senior Land Manager with a very good knowledge of commercial negotiation, town and country planning matters and of contract law, as well as a very good understanding of marketing analysis. A high level of land buying expertise with knowledge of land agents in the designated areas and the local planning environment.
Please note, this role requires travelling throughout the North of England and travelling to Head Office in Scotland
Confidence and numeracy with proven negotiation skills are essential for this role. A degree in a relevant property related subject is highly desirable.
• In line with the overall business strategy, identify, bid, successfully secure and obtain planning consent on opportunities for residential and commercial developments.
• Operating within business governance; project manage each opportunity from identification to acquisition, liaising with external and internal stakeholders, to ensure timely delivery in accordance with the businesses strategic programme.
• Post planning effectively and efficiently manage the sale of opportunities to housebuilders to successfully deliver the businesses 3-5year plan.
• Attend management meetings, negotiations, presentations, and events. • As Senior Land Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
• Working on a day-to-day basis with the head of development. • Formal monthly reporting directly to the Group CEO and the Group Board of Directors. Responsible for sourcing new residential land opportunities through a diverse network of contacts.
• Successfully acquire or have terms agreed on a certain number of sites per annum and to diligently pursue each opportunity through legal exchange to planning approval and sale, whilst adhering to strict policies & procedures and Business ethics.
• To manage the progression of each project through establishing and managing the project teams, establishing deadlines and ensuring targets are met in line with the strategic programme.
• Instructing and appointing consultants and cost controlling to ensure delivery of information on time.
• Disseminating, reviewing and appraising consultant reports and drawings and Vendor information packs to/with the project team to understand development costs and inputting costs into viability appraisal system.
• According with Group and business unit policy and procedures and keep abreast of legislative changes and guidance updates as they affect land acquisition and planning decision making to ensure the business unit is always operating lawfully and effectively.
Senior Land Manager
• Degree educated with qualification and experience in the role.
• Likely RTPI or RICS qualified.
• Must be able to evidence previous schemes and developments sourced, tendered and acquired and role in managing and driving the purchase to budget and strategy. Must have a contact base for North of England and Central Belt of Scotland.
• Must be able to appraise a development opportunity in relation to local plan and national planning policy, undertake a viability cost analysis, scrutinise assumptions made, and cost allowances; understand technical drawings, designs and specifications.
• Must be confident, comfortable and adept at negotiating acquisition contracts, planning permissions, s106/s75 agreements and public speaking. • Must be able to write clear and concise reports quickly and accurately and must be able to liaise directly with Board members.
• Must be able to think entrepreneurially and to work flexibly.
• Must be analytical and critical, supportive and a strategic thinker.
‘To apply for this role, please click the ‘apply’ button today’
Apply for Senior Land Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly