Managing Director – Mixed-Use & Residential Developer – Berkshire/Buckinghamshire
Fantastic role for an experienced Managing Director to join an established and continuously growing Homes Counties developer focused on delivering residential, commercial, and mix-use schemes across London and the Homes Counties.
This is an opportunity to join a successful company with a history of delivering high quality residential and commercial developments and take the lead on bringing the business to its next phase of growth, reporting directly to the company Chair.
The role of Managing Director (“MD”) is responsible and accountable for the overall operation and management of the company. You will be expected to set the company’s overall strategic direction and priorities and monitor the performance of the company as well as the performance of each project.
The MD is expected to lead the development and implementation of the company's short- and long-term strategy and to communicate, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, investors, government entities, and the public.
The MD will lead and build the management team to ensure the business meets its strategic objectives.
He/she will be responsible for developing and then growing the businesses profile within both the local business community and the general populous.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Develop strategic plans for growth.
- Set strategic goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance the company’s market share, profitability and return on investment.
- Carry out a regular strategic review of performance to establish whether the company is attaining its short-and long-term objectives (profits, market share, return on investment, etc). Create an integrated business plan that optimises market share and profitability of existing or new activities.
- Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on achieving established objectives by monitoring operations and providing guidance where necessary.
- Review the operating results of the company and compare against the set goals and objectives. Ensure appropriate actions are taken to improve unsatisfactory results where necessary.
- Create and maintain an effective system of communications across the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of employees are established and understood.
- Define budgets and secure land opportunities in line with the budget, including strategic and unconditional opportunities.
- Ensure that the business continues to grow its bank of land across residential and commercial opportunities, effectively managing sites through the development process and efficiently building and selling completed developments.
- Build high-quality units on time and budget in strong locations across London and the Homes Counties
- Create and maintain an effective and cohesive management team.
- Generate a strong culture within the company.
- Develop an effective organisational structure and foster a positive working environment where leaderships development for succession is cultivated.
- Carry out annual performance appraisal for senior management team and recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate executives and employees reporting to him.
- Act as the main public relations officer of the organisation and represent the business with key customers, government entities, the financial community, and the public.
It is expected that the new MD will display qualities of being able to inspire and develop the company’s employees alongside a commercial, open-minded and driven mind-set that can take forward the business through its next stage of growth. They will need to have strong interpersonal skills and passion for developing successful teams. It is crucial that the MD has had significant experience at a senior level in property development.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact me in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Managing Director – Mixed-Use & Residential Developer – Berkshire/Buckinghamshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly