The role requires a qualified surveyor, ideally with experience of land assembly and compulsory purchase. The person will provide clear compulsory purchase advice to guide acquiring authorities, developers and those affected by compulsory purchase throughout the process. The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other teams within the business
Key projects currently include mixed-use regeneration projects across London and the south-east, estate renewal schemes, infrastructure schemes, and advising owners and occupiers affected by a variety of schemes.
The role is within the Compulsory Purchase team, part of the Development group based in London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This individual will assist the Head of Compulsory Purchase and other team members in advising clients to achieve their objectives. They will be involved in site assembly and compulsory purchase projects from conception through Order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Preparing estimates of compensation payable
• Advising on compulsory purchase process and procedure/timescales
• Pre-CPO site assembly negotiations
• Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authority
• Preparing and negotiating compensation claims on behalf of claimants
• Working with development, planning, financial consulting and other teams to deliver integrated client advice
• Assisting with Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiry preparation as required
• Managing clients /projects (dependent on experience)
Measures of good performance:
A person who is proactive in undertaking their own work and seeking answers to technical matters that arise, works well both within a team and individually , can produce well-written reports covering technical matters, is able to articulate their thoughts well in negotiations.
Knowledge and skills required:
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor. They must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• An interest in the legal and technical areas of surveying;
A candidate with CPO experience is preferred but not essential providing they have an interest in learning CPO and have had some exposure. Wider planning/development/valuation experience would also be beneficial
Apply for CPO Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly