Head of Assurance (PH)
Our client is a major energy & infrastructure business involved in the production of energy resource but also is active in the decommissioning and demolishing of a number sites, as well as the treatment and disposal of waste including both radioactive and conventional. There is an opening for a Head of Assurance for the oversight of the system of assurance and the direct assurance projects and programmes. The current portfolio of interest to the business consists of at least 47 projects and programmes, with a collective value of £30bn as well as the attendant asset management.
The Main Responsibilities for the Head of Assurance will be:
- Leading oversight of the design and delivery of risk-based assurance reviews
- Monitoring and supporting the system of Assurance.
- Delivering independent challenge and support to businesses, especially around delivery of programmes, projects and strategic objectives and risks
- Delivering assurance interventions based on risk assessment and the overall assurance map
- Researching and developing best practice solutions for major projects
- Leading a significant improvement in culture and performance through broad programme of change focused on delivering
- Supporting establishment, implementation and maintenance of the overriding Assurance Policy, Standards, Processes, Procedures, Methods and Tools
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in a senior position leading a business level Project Management Office, or a major complex programme/project as client or contractor, or a senior role in Asset Management with an extensive portfolio in a highly regulated industry
- Experience of writing or sponsoring business cases in a public or private sector environment
- Experience in risk management
- Experience of the delivery of major capital projects or asset management
- Qualified IPA reviewer/leader preferred
- Highly experienced professional with a high level of expertise in risk based assurance
- Educated to at least graduate level (or equivalent), preferably in a related field such as project management, engineering or business operations
- Professional or industry qualification in project/programme management
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Head of Assurance. This is a challenging and demanding role that will be both high profile and require a set of skills honed over a number of years.