Technical Manager – Award-Winning Residential Developer – Nottinghamshire
About the Client:
This is an outstanding opportunity for an existing Technical Manager or Engineering Manager ready for a fresh challenge or a Senior Engineer looking to take the next step in their career within an established reputable housebuilder with a track-record of developing award-winning homes.
You will join a vibrant environment and be part of an innovative team, to play a key role in driving the organisation’s ongoing growth and success.
This is an opportunity for an experienced and ambitious individual who wants to advance their career.
About the role:
- Direct all parts of the pre-development process related to the architectural and engineering activities as well as the technical solutions for land acquisition, planning and pre-development preparations, prior to handover to the production team.
- Responsibility for dealing with technical and design matters on site, collaborating with Group Technical and Land teams.
- Participate in evaluating and appraising development opportunities.
- Advise on housing mix, layout designs and relevant design constraints.
- Provide technical information and solutions in the process of land identification, evaluation, and acquisition.
- Appoint and manage consulting engineers, external consultants, and agencies to achieve efficient and effective design solutions.
- Manage, coach, and develop the regional technical and engineering team.
- Collaborate with the Planning Manager and negotiate where appropriate with Statutory Authorities, Local Planning Authorities, Consultants etc. for the achievement of project objectives.
- Monitor and communicate changes in technical matters as they influence the performance of the business.
- Maintain technical files updated in accordance with policy and procedures.
Oversee the regional team to ensure their objectives are meet, specifically in respect to:
- Design and cost proposals
- Monitoring and recording of onsite work
- Preparation of Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance Plans, Sales Area Layout Drawings and Site Compound Layouts, including POS’s, S38, S104 adoption plans etc.
- Management and distribution of design drawings and specifications across the relevant stakeholders
- Coordination and management of project meetings with consultants and the relevant stakeholders.
- Experience working in a similar role within a residential developer.
- Experience and understanding of the full development / technical process.
- Understanding and experience of engineering and CDM regulations.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Well organised and capable of organising and project managing others.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook.
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Effective negotiating skills
- “Can do” attitude
- Excellent problem solver
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact me in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org