Quantity Surveyor – Student Accommodation – Client Side (MC)
My client is a leading Student accommodation business with a significant national portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and development they require a Quantity Surveyor to enable the continued expansion of the business.
- The role will involve the capture and development of historical cost information, provided by both our framework and development Contractors but also our external consultants to ensure that we are accurately benchmarking and utilising this information to drive value and efficiencies in our current and future schemes.
- This role will be varied and will cover areas such as feasibility estimates alongside external consultants on the new developments, utilising and ensuring our current refurbishment framework is effectively running, contract administration and management (JCT & NEC), de-risking projects through involvement in tender documentation, value engineering, cost plan due diligence.
- Cost monitoring will play a large portion of the role and ensuring contracts are correctly finalised, including the closure of all variations, in line with the specific contractual timeframe and ensuring budget is maintained will be key to this role.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide cost input into refurb and new development and refurbishment appraisals.
- Monitor cost plans - highlighting potential risk and value add drivers
- Utilise and critique the existing refurbishment framework, in line with benchmarked costings and programme information
- Update the cost database for use in current and future project forecasting
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and agreed with the contractors in a timely manner and in line with the specific construction contract(s)
- Drive best value in all commercial relationships
- Seek opportunities for adding value to current and future projects
- You'll be highly numerate and analytical, with a commercial mindset.
- You'll need to have strong time management skills, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with a track record of dealing with complex matters.
- To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant property qualification and have experience of managing a significant varied workload.
- Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills .